Slim-Be, the weight management brand known for its successful ‘shots’ product range dubbed ‘the gastric band in a pack’ is launching three new products: cereal bars, gluten-free porridge and noodles.
Slim-Be uses Konjac - a natural root extract - as its key ingredient. Konjac is low in calories and swells in the stomach when taken with water, providing a feeling of fullness, aiding a portion control approach to eating. Konjac been approved by the European Food Safety Authority as an aid for weight management – currently the only weight management aid of this kind to have this approval.
Founder of Slim-Be and former chef, Franco Beer, says: “As an Italian and a former chef food is a passion for me. I would never want people to have to eat bland or boring food – this is the reason so many diets fail. When developing our Slim-Be products the taste and indeed whole eating experience is as much part of the process as ensuring they perform as weight management aids.”
The cereal bars, to be launched in February, are available in three flavours: Strawberry (97 calories), Caramel (97 calories) and Apple & Cinnamon (98 calories).
The porridge will be available in four flavours and the noodles in three flavours; both products will be available in the spring.
When Slim-Be’s shots were first launched in 2013 they sold 1,600 units in a 12 minute slot on QVC. The shots come in powder form in Vanilla, Strawberry and Orange flavours and should be taken with water 20 minutes before eating, to creating a feeling of fullness. The product has been renamed ‘Small Portion’ Shots and is currently available in Holland and Barrett.
All Slim–Be products have all green traffic light status – the cereal bar is currently the only brand in Europe to have this status.
Beer says: “If people are to change their eating habits for good – which is the only way weight management can succeed – any new regime has to be enjoyable. Our approach is all about portion control, so you can still have the foods you love, but you eat less of them without feeling hungry all the time!”
Slim-Be products will be available to buy direct from the Slim-Be website (www.slim-be.com), from mid January 2016, and also from Holland & Barrett, Ocado, The Health Store and Amazon.
- Ends -
• Slim-Be was founded in the UK in 2012 by Italian born former chef and food development specialist, Franco Beer
• Slim-Be comprises a range of weight loss and weight management products containing Konjac
• Konjac is a natural root extract that aids weight management by expanding in the
stomach when consumed along with water
• Konjac been approved by the European Food Safety Authority as an aid for weight management – currently the only weight management aid of this kind to have this approval
• The Slim-Be product range currently consists of flavoured ‘shots’; porridge; cereal
• bars and noodles
• All Slim–Be products have all green traffic light status – the cereal bar is currently the only brand in Europe to have this status
• 65%of women in the UK have tried to lose weight in the last 12 months. Source: Mintel
For more information, to trial Slim-Be products or to interview Franco Beer please contact:
020 8334 0200