Slim-Be’s new all green traffic lights cereal bar is being well received by customers using vending machines in hospitals.
The bars were the first in Europe to have all green traffic light status and are very low in sugar at just 1.6gms per 31.5gm bar.
Bristol based JW Vending has been trialling the bars in its vending machines in a number of hospitals in the Bristol area.
JW Vending’s managing director, John Worgan, says: “I was pleasantly surprised by the pickup of the bars, particularly as this is a new product and a brand that not everyone will be familiar with yet; we have already reordered twice.”
The cereal bars are available in three flavours, Strawberry, Caramel and Apple & Cinnamon, and are free from artificial flavours and preservatives. Slim-Be bars also contain Konjac, a natural root extract that swells in the stomach when taken with water, creating a feeling of fullness, so they can also aid weight management.
Founder of Slim-Be, Franco Beer, says: “Obesity is a huge problem in the UK and it is costing the NHS £5.1bn a year. Our mission is to help people change their eating habits for good with the aid of our products. There is huge potential in the vending sector for Slim-Be cereal bars, especially in healthcare facilities, particularly as the NHS has just launched its staff health and wellbeing programme designed to encourage a healthier food offering for NHS staff, visitors and patients.”
Slim-Be’s cereal bars are now available from Blakemore Wholesale Distribution.
- Ends -
• Slim-Be was founded in the UK in 2012 by Italian born former chef and food development specialist, Franco Beer
• The Slim-Be comprises a range of weight loss and weight management products containing Konjac
• Konjac is a natural root extract that aids weight management by expanding in the stomach when consumed along with water
• Konjac been approved by the European Food Safety Authority as an aid for weight Management (3g daily consumption) – and is currently the only weight management aid to have this approval
• The Slim-Be product range consists of flavoured ‘shots’; porridge; cereal bars and noodles
• All Slim–Be products have all green traffic light status – the cereal bar is currently the only brand in Europe to have this status
• The UK distributor of Slim-Be products is Worldwide Brands
For further information please contact:
020 8334 0200