Indepth Hygiene Achieves Environmental Accreditation
Specialist ventilation ductwork cleaning firm Indepth Hygiene Services has achieved the BS EN ISO 14001:2004 certification. BS EN ISO 14001:2004 focuses on the environmental aspects of an organisation’s activities; it required Indepth Hygiene to develop an environmental management system (EMS) to assist in meeting the organisation’s objectives.
The EMS was designed to identify, monitor, measure and reduce the environmental impacts of the business. It provided the means by which the company could both meet the environmental legislation requirements and implement the commitments expressed in its own environmental policy.
Indepth Hygiene MD Richard Norman says: “Our decision to pursue BS EN ISO 14001:2004 certification was part of our broader commitment to improvement in all aspects of our business. It’s our aim to provide a safe, healthy workplace for our employees whilst also acting as a responsible member of the community.”
The EMS has been applied to the whole of the organisation encompassing all activities both within office premises and at client sites. It has included management reviews of the entire working practices, planning & updating of policies and identifying objectives and targets for continual improvement. In addition, all staff undertook environmental awareness training, including emergency preparedness.
Regular progress meetings and internal and external auditing of the entire process ensured consistency and continuity in implementation of the EMS.
The process culminated in an external technical review and audit in July 2013 which resulted in Indepth Hygiene Services achieving the BS EN ISO 14001:2004 certification.
“We’re delighted to have achieved this objective but it is just one step along the road to minimising our environmental impact,” says Norman. “Our company is founded upon the principle of providing clean air, so it’s only right that we do everything we can to protect the environment while we go about our business.”
- Ends -
Notes for Editors
- Indepth Hygiene Services is one of the UK's leading providers of duct cleaning and specialist ventilation cleaning services
- Indepth Hygiene’s services include: general ventilation systems cleaning; grease extract cleaning; hospital ventilation cleaning; local exhaust ventilation cleaning; fire and smoke damper testing; laundry extract ventilation cleaning; car park ventilation cleaning; indoor air quality monitoring, ventilation hygiene risk assessments and expert witness service
- Indepth Hygiene Services has over 40 years’ experience working with blue chip companies, the MOD, local and central government
- As a Royal Warrant Holder, Indepth Hygiene is a trusted partner to over twenty facilities management companies including Carillion, Interserve and Serco
- Indepth Hygiene Services is registered to BS EN 9001:2008, a member of B&ES (Building & Engineering Services Association), the FMA (Facilities Management Association), Constructionline, the BIFM (British Institute of Facilities Management ), the Fire Protection Association and was one of the first companies in the industry to be SAFEcontractor approved in 2005
- Indepth Hygiene operates in a wide range of industry sectors including: catering; commerce & industry; education; facilities management; financial & banking, Government; healthcare & pharmaceutical; insurance & legal; leisure & entertainment; museums & charitable organisations; retail
- Indepth Hygiene Services Limited is a family owned business founded in 1970
For further information please contact:
020 8334 0200