Richard Norman, managing director of Indepth Hygiene, has been appointed chairman of the B&ES (Building and Engineering Services Association) Ventilation Hygiene branch.
Norman, who has been MD of the specialist ventilation cleaning services provider for over 10 years, will hold the post for two years. He says: “My focus will be on raising awareness of the imminent TR19 launch to ensure all relevant stakeholders are fully aware of the changes and what they mean for the industry. In addition, I will be concentrating on ventilation hygiene related issues whether new cleaning techniques and equipment, or duct cleaning specific, health & safety issues.”
Norman holds qualifications from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
He joined the family business, Indepth Hygiene Services, in 1993. Working alongside his father who founded the business in 1970, Richard was initially responsible for sales and marketing, becoming managing director in 2003.
Norman has already done much to refine standards and guidelines and raise awareness of key issues within the industry. In 2005, he was elected deputy chairman of the B&ES Ventilation Hygiene branch. He was on the subcommittee that re-wrote the industry standard TR/17 document to create TR/19, setting out a guide to good practice around the internal cleanliness of ventilation systems. Six years later he joined the working party which created the first industry-wide training programme for ductwork cleaning – the Greenbook Training Scheme - in 2011.
Norman is currently part of the team undertaking a revamp of TR/19, and, on behalf of the UK industry, he is has been appointed to the CEN Committee which is now adding grease extract cleaning to the European ISO BS EN 15780 Ventilation for Buildings – Ductwork – Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems standard.
- Ends -
Notes for Editors
- Indepth Hygiene Services is one of the UK's leading providers of duct cleaning and specialist ventilation cleaning services
- Indepth Hygiene’s services include: general ventilation systems cleaning; grease extract cleaning; hospital ventilation cleaning; local exhaust ventilation cleaning; fire and smoke damper testing; laundry extract ventilation cleaning; car park ventilation cleaning; indoor air quality monitoring, ventilation hygiene risk assessments and expert witness service
- Indepth Hygiene Services has over 40 years’ experience working with blue chip companies, the MOD, local and central government
- As a Royal Warrant Holder, Indepth Hygiene is a trusted partner to over twenty facilities management companies including Carillion, Interserve and Serco
- Indepth Hygiene Services is registered to BS EN 9001:2008, a member of B&ES (Building & Engineering Services Association), the FMA (Facilities Management Association), Constructionline, the BIFM (British Institute of Facilities Management ), the Fire Protection Association and was one of the first companies in the industry to be SAFEcontractor approved in 2005
- Indepth Hygiene operates in a wide range of industry sectors including: catering; commerce & industry; education; facilities management; financial & banking, Government; healthcare & pharmaceutical; insurance & legal; leisure & entertainment; museums & charitable organisations; retail
- Indepth Hygiene Services Limited is a family owned business founded in 1970
For further information please contact:
020 8334 0200