Weight management specialist Slim-Be is adding to its range of all green traffic light products with the launch of a gluten free porridge.
Slim-Be’s Magic Porridge Pots are available in three flavours – original, golden syrup and blueberry.
The ‘just add water’ porridge can be eaten from the pot and contains 197 calories per 54g serving. It includes Konjac, a natural root extract that swells in the stomach to provide a feeling of fullness. The RRP will be £1.49.
Founder of Slim-Be, former chef and food development specialist, Franco Beer, says: “We have created a tasty, convenient and satisfying porridge that’s low in sugar and gluten free, so it will meet the needs of a wide range of consumers.”
Worldwide Brands has been appointed UK distributor, and the product launch will be supported by a comprehensive national marketing campaign.
Guy Harris, commercial director at Worldwide Brands says: “The convenient porridge sector is very buoyant, but many of the popular brands have high sugar content. Slim-Be’s Magic Porridge Pots contain typically half the sugar of many other brands so the product offers a viable, more healthy alternative.”
- Ends -
• Slim-Be was founded in the UK in 2012 by Italian born former chef and food development specialist, Franco Beer
• Slim-Be’s team includes food technologist Peter Reilly (formerly at Quaker Oats). Reilly introduced the first chewy cereal bar in the late 1980s.
• Slim-Be comprises a range of weight loss and weight management products containing Konjac
• Konjac is a natural root extract that aids weight management by expanding in the stomach when consumed along with water
• Konjac been approved by the European Food Safety Authority as an aid for weight management (3g daily consumption) – and is currently the only weight management aid to have this approval
• The Slim-Be product range currently consists of flavoured ‘shots’; porridge; cereal bars and noodles
• All Slim–Be products have all green traffic light status – the cereal bar is currently the only brand in Europe to have this status
• The UK distributor of Slim-Be products is Worldwide Brands
• The UK diet and weight loss industry is worth around £2bn and of that £1.8bn is attributed to diet foods.
For further information please contact:
020 8334 0200